Friday, April 11, 2008

How the ....?

I shouldn't be here. I should be cold and shivering on a platform in deepest Berkshire. Instead, I'm on a warm train heading towards work.



I didn't get up this morning. Tough night (following the foreseen tough day) meant the alarm got snoozed, then turned off and ignored. Somehow I managed to wake again at 06:41, 10 minutes late at best. I dragged myself from bed, showered, cleaned my teeth, dressed, put the bins out, and got to the station in time for the 07:02 train. My usual. How? I don't know. I didn't speed (other traffic in suburban areas sees to that). Everything else takes a finite, and usually fixed, amount of time. And yet I made it.



The majority of me wishes I hadn't bothered. Caffeine (sorry hunny) tastes acidic; a sure sign that my body is too tired to accept a stimulant. I know I have another tough day ahead of me. All I really want to do is roll over and sleep a dreamless sleep.



Which reminds me. (Warning, this is a very sad reflection of my life) My dreams last night were all about SQL, statistics, and spreadsheets. Everything was about numbers, pivots, data. I have recollection of it being stressful too! What has my life become?! Unfortunately, it was a fairly accurate prediction of what my day will be like.



Roll on Friday evening. Bring on the duvet.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...