Friday, July 08, 2011

If they gave points for willpower...

Today has been tough  Started well, the weight is down to 11 st 10.1 lb. The scales teased me with 11 st 9.x before settling on 10.1, but that's fine.

As the day went on, however, the cravings started. A want / need for that which I can't have. Things reached a peak when I had to go food shopping. I know I wasn't hungry, as I'd recently had lunch, but everywhere I turned there were things I wanted. Things I *needed*!

After the supermarket I needed to head into town to look at a chair my wife wanted me to see; and as I walked through I passed bakeries, newsagents, olde sweet shops, and a burger van. All of this as I passed people enjoying the wares from the various places. It was torchure!

When I came home I had a pint and a half of water and some chewing gum to get my mind off things.

All was fine until I had to prepare my daughter's tea. After her usual bits of veg and tomato she wanted toast. Toast with jam. The smell! The mouth watering! It took absolutely every last bit of willpower not to eat half a slice. Especially when she left half a slice at the end. I had to carry that quickly to the bin. Out of sight, out of mind!

If you got rewards for willpower, I'd be 10st something tomorrow!

As it is, I'll be off for a little jog in a mo, then I have a 5km run tomorrow morning at a running meetup I've never been to. Should be an interesting start to the weekend!

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...