Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday 21st June - Day 1: The Diet Begins!

Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm fat. However, rather than sit around in a self help group complaining about my need for chocolate, my "big bones", and the only flesh creating virus ever discovered; I'm going on a diet.

The diet I'm following is the Dukan diet. We can talk about the validity of the diet, and any possible health concerns later.

The diet is in four phases, based around protein. The first phase is the attack phase, and lasts 5 to 7 days. During this phase I can eat no carbohydrates, and no fat. Only protein. So today I'm eating hard boiled eggs, chicken, and prawns. This will be the pattern for the next week or so.

After this phase comes the cruise phase which adds 28 vegetables, and lasts until I've lost all the weight I want to lose.

Next is a consolidation phase adding more foods, and lasting 5 days for every pound lost.

Finally, are some basic rules for the rest of my life (!) including "protein Thursday"

So, how fat am I? Well, the scales said 14 stone 8 and a quarter this morning. Where do I want to be? Somewhere around 10 stone 6!

Expect regular reports!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Hi my name is Jonathan and I too am fat. Today does appear to be a good day to start a diet so I'll join you (although not on the Dukan diet, just a regular one).

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...