Thursday, September 03, 2009

Ticking on by

Still here. More or less.

Running more at the mo. 5 times a week. Not huge distances, but something is better than nothing. I hit exactly 14st on the scales the other night. I'm hopeful to crack that first milestone off this week and get into the 13s. Long way to go yet, but the changes I've made don't seem to be taking any toll. I'll just keep up the exercise and keep watching what I eat, and see what happens.

Thinking about it the other night (jogging gives plenty of opportunity for that), I realised that my running playlist hasn't changed since that first half marathon in Chester. My running tunes are older than my daughter, my marriage, even my relationship! They were put together before I got my first contract job in Newcastle. I've used the same tunes in Chester, Newcastle, Wimbledon, and Wokingham. All that work I did years ago measuring bpm, checking tone and subject matter all seems to have paid off. If I get the iPod and the phone together I'll post the list.

Cleared out the garage at the weekend. For the first time since we moved in you can move around freely, and actually find what you're looking for! Next stop the shed. One day, maybe, the loft. That just leaves a couple of cupboards that need a sort.

Out at the cinema last night to see "Inglorious barsterds". It was a good, fun movie with the trademark Tarentinoisms (music, slow shots of detail, etc). However, I'm not convinced it's historically accurate!

Currently watching "True Blood" series 2, and looking forward to catching up on "Californication" series 2 before season 3 comes out next month. Also anticipating "Dexter" season 4, also out soon.

Enjoying listening to the soundtrack from "True Blood". For some reason the US and UK versions are different, but combining the two on random seems to work. This morning, however, I'm listening to Chickenfoot; the 'supergroup' with Joe Satriani on guitar. A couple of really good tracks, but mainly just some hard rock filler. I never saw the appeal of Van Halen (the band) and with Sammy Hagar doing the vocals (and lyrics) a lot of this falls into the sort of music. Mediocre Van Halen with Joe Satriani on guitar. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Right, work arrives, time to go.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...