Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stress and worry

I got a late phone call yesterday from my boss asking me to check a CV out, and conduct a phone interview in 40 minutes time.

I've been having problems recently hiring a BA/project manager for my team; dispite finding the right candidate, and conducting all the HR formalities, weeks ago. So to get asked to look over someone who hasn't been through any of that, and is on the wrong continent, was frustrating to say the least. When it was backed up with the idea that the eventual outcome of my interview may not have any bearing on the procedings just made things worse.

Alarm bells started when I got the CV. This person was not what I wanted, this was someone who would want *my* job! Wary, I went into the interview.

We had a half hour chat during which I was asked as much about what I did as I asked him. Towards the end of the interview it was let slip that he wasn't interviewing for my free role, he was just talking to my team for information, and he and my boss's boss had been talking about another role entirely. A role he didn't expand on.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not too happy this morning.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...