Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Twitter

I use twitter via google talk to set my facebook status. For those that can't follow the last sentence, apologies; I'll talk about something else in a minutes. Since last week, it hasn't been working. I finally gave up and logged onto the twitter site, and in small text it told me that the functionality was switched off. This, aparently, was due to a bug in the jabber api, was now resolved, and the services were slowly being returned to operational. That message was from Friday. It's now Wednesday and it still doesn't work. No more official updates, no eta, it just doesn't work.

When so many people rely on a system, even if that system is free, shouldn't there be a duty of care to ensure that the system is available? A service level agreement between the user and the developers. We'll continue to use this great service, tell our friends, drive traffic, you just keep it running. Ok?

Or, does the fact that it's free mean that we have no say in this, it's stuffed, it'll be back when we can be bothered, just wait patiently and shut up?

Just letting the user know what's wrong, and a rough idea of when it'll be fixed would be a start.


In other news, my daughter learnt, at the weekend, how to go from sitting to standing without pulling herself up with external aids. Walking also continues to improve. Whilst wobbly, she can move around the house quite easily.

We finished staining our trellis at the weekend, now all we need to do is re-stains the screening trellis ash black instead of green. A fun job for the weekend. As long as it's dry.

Slowly we are tidying, sorting and cleaning the house after our decorating epic. It's good to be able to walk into a room, and see things as they should be.

Finally, I'm feeling the hostile stares of the people around me (not really, everyone is too engrossed with blackberries, papers, and books). I got onto the jubilee line, and, amazingly, there was a seat. I headed straight for it, and got there first. As I was about to sit down a woman approached, we made brief eye contact, and then I sat down. She looks as fit and active as me, certainly not old or pregnant. So, tough. My feet hurt, and I'm having a seat. She got her own at the next stop anyway.

------------------

2 comments:

Kate said...

If you continue with the pie and mash women will be standing up to let YOU sit down on the tube :)

Steve's-wife: I like the sound of fluffy bunnies (pink or otherwise), or indeed any other kind of mammalial lifeform as long as it's bringing me chocolate truffles. I'd just have to get to the creature before your husband did!

Steve said...

Personal attacks on the boss! When are those appraisals due? Oh yes, Friday!

A man has a late lunch and treats himself to a square pie (one mash, not 2, no beans), and he gets nothing but grief. All I had for dinner was six or seven bits of chicken and some cold rice, but that doesn't get taken into account does it?!

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...