Monday, April 07, 2008

White Monday

Why is it that the further south you go in this country, the more likely it is to grind to a halt at the first sign of white on the ground?

Train signals freeze, roads are gridlocked, small animals are sacrificed to the sun gods.

Up north, 3 foot of snow? Chuck a spade in the boot and head off.

Down south (like this morning) 3 mm of snow? Stop everything, grind to a halt, roll out all the excuses about cold / freezing conditions / snow.

Anyway. That wasn't what I was going to write about this morning, but as I am currently 45 minutes behind schedule due to it being a bit fresh I'm a little pre-occupied!

Variable sleep over the weekend, fairly good Friday and Saturday, but last night was a non-starter. The usual indicators; not enough food eaten at tea-time, and a bit of a sniffle. Little one went to sleep easy enough, but definitely didn't stay there. Cue Daddy walking up and down stairs at 03:30 for rice cakes and beakers of water. My poor wife had already been up once at just before 1, and hadn't had the best of sleep anyway.

Earlier in the day we had gone to Next to exchange a pair of jeans (I know! How I get through all the excitement I'll never know), and I'd wandered around the shop with little one toddling beside me holding only one hand. Later we went to the park, and after palying on the swings, she walked most of the way home pushing her little trolley. Fatherly prediction: she'll be walking in weeks (not months).

Other than that, I got my wife's voicemail working on her iPhone, cut the lawn (first cut its ever had!), and finally indexed all the photos taken this year. So a reasonably productive weekend.

Hope you all had a good one.

Good luck to Abi in her new job too.

------------------

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...