Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday 28th June - Day 8 (Week 2): Cruise phase begins

On the scales this morning: 13 stone 10 and a quarter pounds. Delta from yesterday: -0.5 pounds. Total weight loss to date: 12 pounds.
I'm not sure I got yesterday's weight right. On reflection I think I was a little low in my recollection. However, the record is what it is. If I was right then the weight gain is due to being out, eating pre-roasted chicken (which probably had added sugar), and the phenomenal amount of water I drank in the heat yesterday.

However, 12 pounds in a week is perfectly fine by me, and plenty to go with heading into the cruise phase.

For those that don't know the Dukan diet, the philosophy is based around protein, and for the initial attack phase consists of nothing else (apart from the obligatory oat bran that is now with me for ever). This phase lasts up to a week, and the transitions to cruise.

In the cruise phase I carry on eating the same protein rich diet, but 50% of the time I can supplement that diet with selected vegetables. The veg should be raw if possible, excludes potatoes, and is easy on carrots and beetroot.

What this does is open the menu up some, and allow for a bit of variation.

I stick with this until all the weight I want to lose is gone. I expect this to take 4 to 5 months. Weight loss is slower in cruise, with an expectation of around 3 pounds a week initially, decreasing to 2 pounds a week as you get lighter.

With the re-introduction of veg, I will be restarting my sessions at the gym too. This should help with fat loss, and obviously help with muscle definition and overall well-being.

As I said last week, update like this would get pretty boring if I kept them frequently, so the next report will be next Monday.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...