Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Alive and kicking. (Hot and sweaty edition)

Here I am in a slow moving tube, slowly heating up, listening to "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac.

Why isn't music as good as this today? A whole album of class. No filler, no vocal effects, no silly electronic gimmicks. Just classic rock.

I'm definitely getting old. Music released in the year I was born is "better" than today. Aye, and all this were fields once. Kids today don't know how good they've got it. I had to go to school, uphill both ways, after a full shift down the pit. Etc etc etc.

You may have noticed the lack of posts recently. Actually you probably haven't seen as there haven't been any real views on the blog for a long time. I have made well over 700 posts on twitter (see that side bar over there on the left), but that's not quite the same. Strangely 140 characters is easier to come up with than a blog post. There's so much going on at the minute, most of it bad, frustrating, or just plain exhausting that I don't want to write about it. Things have to come to a head soon though. The status quo cannot continue, and I'm mentally working through my options. Maybe, just maybe I'll get back to posting when all this is worked through. Those three draft posts may yet see light of day!

In the mean time, sporadic posts of waffle, and irregular twittering is the best you're going to get.

But as you're not reading anyway, who cares?!

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...