Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Annoyances

My wife isn't well. This isn't an annoyance. It's unfortunate. I hope she feels better soon.

I'm late today. Very late. This also isn't an annoyance, it just is.

No, the annoyances in my life are trivial, minor things. That's why they annoy. Like, why does the delicious extension for firefox refuse to add the toolbar buttons on my home copy of firefox? Is it a linux thing? A kubuntu thing? I doubt it. Google doesn't turn up with anything useful. So it's probably something local to my machine. This is an annoyance. I've tried recreating my profile to no effect; so, temporarily, I'm stuck. Annoyed.

I installed tweetdeck to try to get on top of the hundreds of tweets @wossy sends. So far I haven't had a single Adobe Air app work properly on Linux. I installed the BBC iPlayer, which works fine until you reboot, then, seemingly, can't access it's config file and sits useless. However, back to tweetdeck. Installed fine, on running the window comes up, a bunch of buttons, and nothing else. Apparently it's a problem with kwallet, but kwallet is working fine. I use it daily for kcheckgmail and kopete. So the app is useless. An annoyance.

Plasma restarts once a day at random. I have no idea why.

My system monitor app stops reporting stats occasionally. Uptime stops ticking and the app is useless until next reboot. Except temperature. This keeps working, so the app hasn't crashed. It seems related to the screensaver, but I have nothing but gut to go on.

None of these things are problems as such; I'm a little less productive with my time, but no different to last week when I wasn't aware of these apps. It's just annoying.

At least I don't have something important to complain about.

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...