Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Brief Outline

So, yet another IT geek spouting off on the web. Well, why not. But why? Read on....

I've been reading tech websites for years now. I have RSS feeds automatically collecting all the stories I have for me, I have more sources and opinions than I can possibly read. I belong to some of the webs most used web communities, but what I don't have is a way to be heard! Yes, this is all about ego ;)

I am probably more aware of technology than anyone else I know, and I have many opinions. However, posting on a site like Slashdot is a pointless exercise. By the time I get there, there are 20 odd top level posts, and everyone is arguing the finer points, the moderating kicks in, and anything added at this level now just disappears. Of course you are supposed to add something to a post that's there, but what's the point. I often don't want to agree or disagree with any of the top level posts, so no point posting there, I want to make a point of my own.

This all leads us here! I don't suppose anyone will read this, but it makes me feel better. New techs that come along, and interest me, will get commented on. The stuff spouted is my opinion. Maybe someone will find it interesting....

No comments:

Top Tracks of 2012

Well, it's that time of year. Once again I can abuse my html knowledge and shove a few YouTube videos into a blog post to illustrate wha...